2007-03-16

New Water Heater

I was greeted yesterday by no hot water, and a great pond in my back yard. On further inspection, I found that my hot water heater was leaking water through the exhaust vent on the top. Nice way to start the day.
Off to Home Depot I went. I purchased a tankless water heater and all of the pipes, fittings, and accessories I thought I would need for the installation. I had to remove the old water heater and the enclosure it was in, that was the hardest part of the job. I had to make another trip to Home Depot to get some adapters and other fittings for re-routing the lines (Kurt's Law: No project can be accomplished with only one trip to Home Depot).

I completed the installation, and now we have as much hot water as we need, and it only heats what we use. Tankless water heaters are a great advancement over traditional water heaters. It was more expensive, but in the long run it will be worth it.

No comments: